Choosing to become a glazier is a great choice as the demand for glaziers are high and no matter where you might live; there will always be a job available for you. There are certain requirements which you need to meet in order to become a glazier. The requirements are simple and just about anyone can meet the requirements; check out Smith Glass.
Requirements in Order to Become a Glazier
You will need to get a certification or training in level III for glass repairs Melbourne and glazing
- Complete an apprenticeship to get a hand in all the skills and tools needed
- Have a solid understanding of English and Mathematics
- Complete one of the vocational training courses or equivalent
- Do a pre-apprenticeship training program
- Enroll in one of the many glazing master programs with the Glass Glazing Association in your area
- Get a construction induction card to work on construction sites
Now that you have gotten an overview of all the requirements to become a glazier, you can start working towards achieving the right experience and education to become a local glazier Melbourne. It is easier than one might think and the pay is high. Technical or vocational education will always be in high demand as compared to a degree because there is a huge shortage when it comes to real life skills and glazing is a skill which will always be demanded.
What will you get to do as a Glazier?
You will get to determine the type and dimensions of the glass which is required.
- Gain an understanding of the glass patterns in jigs and padded tables.
- Learn how to measure and mark glass in order to cut the glass.
- Examine different types of glass and mark the defective areas of the glass; perfect for emergency glass repairs Melbourne.
- Learn how to cut along the templates and patterns of the glass.
- Get to break off the sheets and any excess glass with one of the
top notchtools or glass pliers.
- Learn to install mirrors and glass in windows, display cases, bathrooms, ceilings, interior walls and much more.
- Get to install specialized glass into the exterior or interior of different types of buildings.
- Learn to smooth the rough edge using the smoothing wheelers or the belt sanders.
Specializations in the Field of Glazing
There are a few specializations in the field of glazing such as the ones mentioned below.
- Glass Embosser
- Glass Beveller
- Glass Silverer
- Glass Etcher
If you want to become a glazier, you first need to complete your high school diploma or the equivalent. Some jobs might require a vocational school glazier certificate which is why it is a good idea to enroll in the local vocational center in your area to learn the skills needed in the exciting field of glazing. It is also recommended to do an apprenticeship to get an idea of all the skills needed and the various applications of your skills. Get training after you have completed your certificate to learn all the right skills needed in order to succeed.